Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
There are a lot of lies and disinformation out there about Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, hopefully this movie will clear up any doubts you may or may not have about him. There is no doubt that Chavez is a man of the people.

This movie takes place in April 2002, when Venezuela underwent a time of crisis. Chavez was attempting to redistribute some of the state-owned Oil company's money to the people that it properly belonged to, and he faced coup-attempt from the Venezuelan elites. This movie is an upfront seat to the history that transpired, and I highly recommend it.

Several months ago, in the spring I think, my girlfriend got an email forwarded to her from my roommate about Venezuela and Hugo Chavez. And it talked about Cindy Sheehan (the woman who's son was killed in Iraq) and her meeting with Chavez, and apparently they said some controversial things- I don't remember what- and the email asked the we all boycott Citgo gas stations since they are owned by Venezuela.

And this prompted a decent debate between us, but I have liked Chavez ever since I learned about his free heating oil program. But I didn't really know too much about Chavez. But I do know that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and when people like Pat Robertson start calling for Chavez to be assasinated, then Chavez becomes my friend pretty quickly. There is where the 'who would Jesus assasinate?' comes from, if you remember that phrase floating around.

Well, after watching this movie he.......

No comments: